REX DIGITAL PUBLISHING CORPORATION (“Rex”) values your privacy. To this end, we are committed to comply with Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“Data Privacy Act”) or Republic Act No. 10173 to guaranty, protect and safeguard your privacy.
Please read this Data Privacy Notice (“Notice”) judiciously to understand Rex’s policies and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it. This Notice applies to individuals who interact with Rex’s services as consumers (“you”). This Notice explains how your Personal Data are collected, used, and disclosed. It also tells you how you can access and update your Personal Data and make certain choices about how your Personal Data are used.
This Notice covers both our online and offline data collection activities, including Personal Data that Rex collects through our various channels such as websites, apps, third party social networks, Consumer Engagement Service, points of sale and events. Please note that Rex might aggregate personal data from different sources (website, offline event). As part of this, Rex combines Personal Data that were originally collected by the different companies under the Rex Group of Companies.
If you do not provide necessary Personal Data to us Rex may not be able to provide you with our goods and/or services.
Rex will periodically update this Notice when necessary to ensure that our practices remain compliant with the applicable laws, and are up to date with the industry trends.
Eligibility and Age requirmenets
As a Subscriber, your hereby Affirm that you are Eighteen (18) Years of Age or Older and is able to Enter into these TERMS. If you NOT, and is between the ages of 13 to 17 years of Age, has obtained PARENTAL OR GUARDIAN CONSENT TO ENTER INTO THESE TERMS. Additionally, in order to use CODIFY, that any registration and account information that you submit is true, accurate, and complete, and you agree to keep it that way at all times.
By downloading and installing CODIFY from APPLE APP STORE or GOOGLE PLAY STORE, the Subscriber accepts the following:
(a) CODIFY Service is a multi-media enabled application with Content with Features designed to supplement the learning experience through various media, and can be accessed based on the Paid “Subscription”
(b) Subscriber acknowledges that the CODIFY Is only accessible through devices (“Device(s)”) which are technologically appropriate and suitable for displaying the Services use of such Third-Party Applications and Devices (computers, tablet, mobile device, speakers etc) may be subject to additional terms, conditions, and policies as appropriately
(c) While CODIFY maybe played OFFLINE, recommended optimal experience is to have a continuous broadband Internet connection: in case of PCs and laptops, and mobile phones and tablets, a minimum of 500kb/sec;
(d) The Registered Account created by the Subscriber upon download and subscription will function as the “master account” for all activities and use of the Services, including all streams, changes to settings and controls;
(e) Subscribers are solely responsible for all activity occurring under the Registered Account, including keeping the Registration identifiers (e.g. ADSL identifier, contract number, etc.), the username, and the password confidential;
(f) Subscribers must inform CODIFY and other applicable group without undue delay if they gain knowledge of any abuse regarding their Registration identifiers;
(g) Users can only access the CODIFY Service if and as available in their Service areas.
CODIFY has the option from time to time to offer such as “Trials” free-of-charge. There will also be other options such as additional One time In App payment to access additional content as “Paid Subscriptions”. There may also be special promotional plans, memberships, or services, and may include offerings for affiliated third-party products and services.
Subscribers agree to additional conditions and limitations as maybe provided by CODIFY on offers for free ‘Trials” of its paid subscription which can cover a specified period without payment and or reduced access to content
Why do we collect your personal information?
Rex collects your personal information to:
1. Process, review and approve your application for enrollment for employment, on-line purchases, subscriptions, of our products and/or services;
2. Process your orders and availments for our products, reimbursements and/or claims and online payments.;
3. Comply with applicable laws of the Philippines, the laws on the prevention of money laundering including the provisions of Republic Act No. 9160 (Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001, as amended (AMLA) and the implementation of “know-your-customer” requirements and sanction screening checks;
4. Conduct studies and researches for the purpose of reviewing, developing and improving our products and services; and
5. Perform profile analysis, behavioral modeling and analytics to understand needs, preferences and market trends to be able to improve and recommend suitable products and services;
What type of personal information do we collect from you?
The information we collect and process includes the following:
1. Personal contact information which includes your name, address, email address, phone number or any other information that would allow Rex to contact you;
2. Demographic information which includes your gender, date of birth, age, civil status, etc.;
3. Financial information which includes your bank details, when you make payment for your account, etc.;
4. Any information that Rex needs in order to fulfill an order, or that you use to make a purchase, such as your debit or credit card details (cardholder name, card number, expiration date, etc.) or other forms of payment (if such are made available). In any case, Rex or our payment processing provider(s) handle payment and financial information in a manner compliant with applicable laws, regulations and security standards.
5. Non-personal information such as those provided by your device which may include the IP address, your geolocation, operating system, browser type and version, and other machine identifiers, etc.; and
6. Consumer feedback, including the information that you share with Rex such as your opinions or comments to our products and services and voice recordings when you reach us via our contact center;
Why do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in order for us to perform transactions and functions necessary to implement and consummate the products or services that you purchased or availed from Rex. Your personal information may also be used for reporting, analysis and study purposes and other functions required or permitted by law.
Where do we get your personal information?
1. When you fill up the purchase forms, agreements and other similar or related documents;
2. When you use and login to our website, mobile applications and other web-based platforms;
3. When you avail of our product and services;
4. When you get in touch with our customer service representatives to inquire, file a complaint or request; and
We also collect your personal information from other sources that are commercially or publicly available such as published directories and public documents. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties and other sources which have obtained your consent for such disclosure or where it is lawfully permitted on our part to acquire such information.
When and to whom do we disclose or share your personal information?
In the course of providing products or services to you, we normally engage the services of, and/or interact with, third parties, such as, but not limited to our parent company, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, financial advisors, affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties and service providers, whether local or foreign (collectively referred to as “Representatives”).
In connection with the foregoing, we may be required to disclose your personal information with our Representatives for any legitimate business purpose as we may deem appropriate for your benefit, including but not limited to outsourced processing of our transactions, profiling or historical statistical analysis and as necessary to provide you with our products or services.
We will never share, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties outside of our Representatives except if you have given your consent thereto.
How do we protect your personal information?
Rex values your privacy that is why we maintain, enforce and implement organizational, physical, technical, electronic and procedural security measures that ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of your personal information.
We protect your information by implementing safeguards such as but not limited to the following:
1. By only accessing and using your personal information to the extent necessary in order to consummate your transactions or purchases from Rex;
2. By using a secured server that is being maintained with firewall, encryption, anti-virus and other appropriate security controls;
3. Restricting access to your information only to authorized personnel who handle your information with strict confidentiality;
4. Undergoing regular audits by our internal audit team and other third party auditors to ensure that your personal information is secured and security controls are effective;
5. Keeping our security systems up to date and conduct trainings and seminars to our personnel in relation to protecting your personal information;
6. We establish confidentiality agreements with contracted parties that receive, process and store non-public personal, health and financial (when applicable) information about you;
7. Perform data privacy and security assessment with contracted parties to ensure that non-public personal, sensitive and privilege information are secured and appropriate controls are enforced by the contracted parties; and
8. Other security, organizational and physical measures that we may introduce in the future to further strengthen the protection and security of your personal information.
We keep your information in a secured facility within the Philippines, and countries where Rex’s cloud service providers reside for long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the information was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of any claims arising from our agreement with you or your employer, or as required or permitted for by the law and regulations.
Your rights to your personal information
In accordance with the Data Privacy Act, Rex upholds your right in relation to your personal information. You have the right to be informed on the processing of your personal information. In relation to which, you have the right to object to our collection or processing of your personal information. You also have the right to access, to correct or modify, or erase your personal information from our systems and processes. You also have the right to withdraw your personal information from any of our mailing list whether for service, announcements or sales and marketing purposes. However, choosing not to disclose or deciding to remove your personal information from our systems may limit our ability to provide excellent healthcare services to you.
If you have any questions, comments and /or concerns regarding your personal information, you may contact us thru the following contact details:
Atty. Rommel Ace M. Gercavio
Data Privacy Officer
Tel Nos.: (02) 8857-7770
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to update your personal information you may contact:
24/7 Customer Care Hotline:
Tel Nos. (02) 8857-7770
Email Address: email@example.com